Sshhh! I have a dirty little secret. I am a complete germ-a-phobe.
The meaning of germaphobe is only found in the urban dictionary:
- Someone who is obsessed with cleanliness and avoiding unsanitary surfaces. Tends to engage in excessive hand washing and fears holding or touching objects handled by other parties
- Any person who is obsessed with cleanliness and defeating bacteria. These individuals will turn on faucets with their elbows and hand sanitize on an hourly basis.
- Someone who was a genuine phobia of germs and is obsessed with cleanliness.
- Someone who is scared of German tourists (HA – not this one!)
That’s me and I have even turned my husband into one. Our mantra to the kids as soon as they enter the house: “take your shoes off and wash your hands”. I have hand sanitizer within reach most of the time and freak out if my kids touch something gross.
I have taught my 8 year old daughter the art of using her elbow to shut the faucet off. I am delighted when she won’t touch the handle to a public restroom door after she has washed her hands and uses her foot to open the door. Though she loves the fun of the electric towel dispenser, I love it because we don’t have to touch the wet handle after the previous visitor did!
Here are some pretty scary facts that we all must face in our homes and offices:
According to a study published by the University of Arizona, (all germ counts per square inch)
- Telephone: 25,127
- Desktop: 20,961
- Keyboard: 3,295
- Computer mouse: 1,676
- Toilet seat: 49
These germs and others are responsible for more than 4 million sick days at the office, costing billions of dollars a year. 97% of office workers are concerned about germs in the workplace, and yet most employees and business owners have no idea what to do about it. Ahhh, so earlier you giggled and thought I was just a crazy mom but think about what you are touching all day! Admit it, I just turned you into a germaphobe too!
While we seem to have made it through pollen season, your workplace is always an easy place to come in contact with germs and bacteria. Luckily for you, there are a number of ways for you to keep you and your kids (the ones at home and in the office) healthy just like we do in our home. Look out for a free Simple Green sample with your orders over the next few days, and check out the hundreds of anti-microbial and anti-bacterial products available for free, next-day delivery on our website.
Stay healthy and productive!
Friends and customers of Total Office Products,
This is my first blog of any kind and I can’t think of any better folks to send it to. Janet, Adam and I are extremely grateful for your continued loyalty and friendship. We hope to have you as friends and customers for many more years to come!
If we haven’t met, I’d like to introduce myself. As a Raleigh resident with my wife Barbara for over 32 years, I have been invested in this community just like you. We raised our two kids and watched them graduate from Underwood Elementary, Daniels Middle School, and Broughton High School.
Some of you may remember Leon’s Deli in Cameron Village, which I owned and operated for over ten years. Not only did we serve Reuben sandwiches to customers at the counter, but we also catered breakfast and lunch to local businesses all over the city. It was a little harder to get around then as there was no 540, or even a beltline!
I am a Raleigh-ite through and through and do my best to support local businesses as much as I can. That’s why BUY LOCAL is the first, and most important, part of our company motto. We are a member of Shop Local Raleigh and believe in keeping our dollars within this community to make it stronger for generations to come.
Office products are not glamorous, but they are the grease that keeps the wheels of business turning. With over 50 years of combined experience in the industry, Total Office Products can bring a lot of knowledge to our customers about anything from OEM vs compatible toner cartridges to what kind of chairmat works best on low-pile carpets. As a company we strive to help you BUY SMART by being a consultative resource of information.
As you know, in business when you have something is often crucial to your success. This is why we do our very best to bring you over 40,000 products in our catalog and on our website BY TOMORROW.
We are in business to help you grow yours. The best way we know how to do this is to provide competitively priced quality products. Ask us for a free quote by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 919.844.1460 and we’ll show you why it’s great to Buy Local, Buy Smart, and to get it By Tomorrow. Also, please be on the lookout for a new Friday Special coming directly to your email inbox.
You can call me directly at 919.539.7312. I’d love to talk to you.
Owner, Total Office Products
Raleigh Resident, Indian Princesses Chief, and CASL Soccer Coach
Many of you use our website daily (sometimes more) so I’m going to try and show you some ways to make your browsing and shopping experience easier. The first tip I have for you is to utilize the “My Lists” function, especially if you typically order most of the same items repeatedly. Follow the steps below and you will be able to breeze through your orders, giving you more time to do the important things at work!
Please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com if you have any further questions!
- Go to http://www.triangletop.com
- Click the white Order Now Button
- Login using your Account Code and Password
- Click the My Lists tab
- Click on “Manage Lists”
- Create a new list (name it whatever you’d like). Click Save. While “MY LIST” is highlighted blue, click the Delete button.
- Click on “Recent Items” to show your most recently ordered items. To add an item to your newly created and named list, click on the box all the way to the right of any item and then click in the dropdown box that says “Cart”. You will see the name of your list, select it. Then, click the Add To button and the item will be in your new list.
- If you would like to change the order of your list, click the words “Manage List Sequence” at the bottom of your screen and performing the following actions:
- Moving Items within a List
Each month, Total Office Products will be offering you savings and rebates on a number of items through our “Smart Deals For The Office” program. You may have seen the tab on our e-commerce site, but it’s possible you never clicked on it. We’d like to change that.
This is a good place to look for new deals on many of the items you typically order. Every month, the items will change based on research we have conducted to identify what you are ordering the most during that specific time of year.
Smart Deals Specials January 2012
- Fellowes Bankers Boxes (FEL00789) on special at $50.99 with an instant 25% rebate. Smart Price: $38.24
- At-A-Glance Recycled Photographic Desk Calendar (AAGDMD11032) on special at $14.49 with an instant 20% rebate. Smart Price: $11.59
- At-A-Glance Recycled Marbleized Desk Calendar (AAG89701) on special at $12.49 with an instant 20% rebate. Smart Price: $9.99
- House of DooLittle Nature Scenes Reversible/Erasable Wall Calendar (HOD393 & HOD3931) on special at $18.99 and $22.99 respectively. With the instant 20% rebate, Smart Prices: $15.19 and $18.39.
- HON Basyx Mesh Low-Back Task Chair, Black. (BSXVL210MM10). Sale price of $129.99 with a $30 instant rebate. Smart Price: $99.99.
- LogiTech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo, Black. (LOG920002555). Sale price of $89.99 with $20 instant rebate. Smart Price: $69.99.
- Free Laffy Taffy for spending $50 on HP Inkjet cartridges. Smart Price: FREE!
- Papermate 300RT Comfort Grip Pens (Blue/Black/Red Ink) on sale for $5.19/Dozen. The hourglass, rubberized grip 700RT (Black/Blue Ink, White/Black Barrel) on sale for $17.99/Dozen. As an added bonus, if you spend $40 on any combination of these pens, you will receive a $10 Gift Card in the mail.
As you can see, there are a number of great deals each month through the Smart Deals for the Office flyer. We will be attaching the flyer to your packing lists and invoices throughout the year, and you can always view the specials and rebates online by clicking on the Smart Deals tab on our e-commerce site
We want you to be continue to buy smart and we will do everything we can to help.
Office: 919.844.1460 | triangletop.com | Fax: 919.844.2580
Tanya McCord has been a Total Office Products customer for years through her work at Nomacorc in Zebulon. While she orders many supplies from us, from storage boxes to toner cartridges, she had never seen the Rebates tab on our website.
Once the site was redesigned, Mrs. McCord noticed the new tab on the right sidebar and clicked to see if Nomacorc was eligible for any of the over 100 offers available to all of our customers. Fortunately, through a recent purchase, Tanya was able to take advantage of this offer of a $20 gift certificate to On The Border, Macaroni Grill, or Maggiano’s Little Italy.
Being the unselfish and kind person that she is, Tanya chose to redeem the gift certificate, but turn around and donate it to a raffle raising money for a local charity.
This is just one of the gift certificates, gifts, or cash back offers available on our website. If you haven’t done so, please click this link and take a few seconds to look at these to see if there is a chance for you to earn a reward for you, your company, or your favorite charity.